Rakista Confession "MY HEROES ARE COVERED WITH TATTOOS AND SING"

"YOUR HEROES WEAR CAPES AND HAVE SUPERPOWERS. MY HEROES ARE COVERED WITH TATTOOS AND SING."

This is a confession of a Rakista.

I know that most you don't get us. Alam ko yun kasi madami akong kilalang tao na lagi na lang sinasabi na panget naman daw ang maingay na music. Hindi nila naaappreciate yung mga music ng rakista sa kadahilanan na maingay daw ang kanta, puro daw sigaw at sabi nila muka daw mga adik. Really? Everyday. Every freaking day of my life people say shits like that. But little did they know, Rock bands saved my life. Ako kasi yung isa sa mga taong loner kung tawagin. Tahimik sa isang tabi. Nagsusulat ng tula. Nagmamasid. Basta, di ko alam kung bakit. Ang alam ko lang takot talaga ako sa tao. Di ako kumportable sa kanila. Siguro kasi lumaki akong mag-isa, walang kaibigan. Nasanay lang siguro ako dun. Pero teka, balik tayo sa mga rakista. Yung mga kanta kasi nila ang dahilan kung bakit nagpapakatatag ako. Kung bakit kahit ayoko na, kahit gusto ko nang mawala, basta marinig ko lang sila, maiisip ko na.. "Oo nga pala. Tulad ko, nagdaan din sila dito." May iilan sa kanila na galing sa broken family, may anxiety problems, nagseself-harm, bullied. Kaya nga siguro naiintindihin nila kami. Kaming mga tao na dumadaan din sa ganyan. Oo, PROMISE! These bands saved my life. I'm holding on because they remind me of all the things na nakakalimutan ko ng pahalagahan. Sila din nagreremind sakin na, "I'm good enough" regardless of what people say. Na kahit halos lahat ng tao sa paligid ko sinasabing worthless ako. Sila nagpapaalala na my failures don't have to define me. Kasi choice ko yun. Choice ko kung sino ako. Kung saan ako tutungo after ng lahat ng pagbagsak ko. So, there. I'm a proud Rakista. At sa mga taong may ibang genre na hilig, naiintindihan ko na di niyo magustuhan yung way nila ng paggawa nila ng kanta pero sana lang din, wag niyo naman insultuhin ang mga tulad nila. Because insulting other music won't prove your point. They inspired me enough to hold on as much as your choice of music inspired you for the same reason.

My Chemical Romance: Be strong and hold my hand. Never let them take the light behind your eyes.

Sleeping with Sirens: You've done enough and you are enough. I'll hold you close and show you you're not broken.

Pierce the Veil: If I were you I'd put that away. See, you're just wasted and thinking 'bout the past again. Darling, you'll be okay!

Memphis May Fire: Show them how strong you are. You've come this far, don't fall.

Of Mice and Men: Don't let the world bring you down. It's not over, you're not alone anymore.

A Day to Remember: Oh what a world, I'll keep you safe here with me.

Mayday Parade: Just try and get up, you gotta slowly brush off. I know that words aren't enough but you're better than this.

Paramore: Well, I still say that you shine brighter than anyone.

Go Radio: Cause you feel, cause you breathe, cause when hurting we are worth it. We can hold on.

We are the In Crowd: Hang on, be strong, long live the kids in us all.

Hey Monday: Rain is flowing from the sky, but no fear in our eyes. We're ready to fly.

Silverstein: Follow your dreams, if you don't try, you fail.

Alesana: As the life fades from your eyes, all that I can say is it may not be too late, try again, make it perfect.

Saosin: Stay bright little fireflies. Make light before my eyes.

Coldplay: Lights will guide you home and ignite your bones. And I will try to fix you.

All Time Low: You're everything better plan.

Escape the Fate: Hold your head. Hold it up high.

Black Veil Brides: So hear my voice remind you not to bleed, I'm here.

Bring me the Horizon: Could you tell me what you see? Do you wanna talk about it? How does that make you feel?

Crown the Empire: So when you're shattered and you're broke without someone to hold on to. Just know I'll always be there close behind.

The Used: I think it's gonna be alright, now. I think it's gonna be okay, just close your eyes 'cause we are only sparks but together burning bright.

Taking Back Sunday: We can talk all night and I will sing you lullabies.

Green Day: She's all alone again wiping the tears from her eyes. Some days he feels like dying. She gets so sick of crying. She's an Extraordinary girl.

La Dispute: Remember not our faulty pieces, remember not our rusted parts. It’s not the petty imperfections that define us but the way we hold our hearts.

Blink 182: We learn to get by if we learn to have scars, if we learn to forgive and accept who we are.

Panic! At the Disco: When the world gets too heavy, put it on my back. I'll be your levy.

Simple Plan: Here's to the rest of us, to all the ones that never felt they were good enough.

For most, it's nothing but screaming and loud instruments, but for me, it's helping me crawl to recovery.
Disasterology.
College of Engineering and Industrial Technology.  -source RTUConfeFiles

Related Posts

Featured 1006881202089275777

Post a Comment